» Rome is Babylon
Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 21:27 by Karen

Links

Gallery

Pearson's Handwriting Samples

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pearson's Handwriting Samples

Post by Karen on Sun 28 Feb 2010 - 3:35

Here are all of Dr. Pearson's handwriting samples that I have acquired throughout my research:

This signature is from May 31, 1870 when Pearson was attending Queen's College in Birmingham:

[img][/img]

This signature is from June 1, 1870 when Pearson was attending Queen's College in Birmingham:

[img][/img]

This signature is from October 11, 1872 when Pearson was still attending Queen's College in Birmingham:

[img][/img]

This signature is from November 3, 1876 when Pearson sat for his final examinations for the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh:

[img][/img]

Comparing them to the Ripper letters, I noticed the same handwriting characteristics with both his handwriting and several of the Ripper's letters. In one letter, "Jack" boasted that no one could detect his identity because he wrote with 5 different handwritings and here we have an example of 4 of them.
Karen
Admin

View user profile http://victorianripper.niceboard.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Pearson's Handwriting Samples

Post by Guest on Tue 4 May 2010 - 6:31

These are very interesting. May I ask where they come from? But that I mean what he was signing when he appended his signature.

Back to top Go down

Sources Of Signatures

Post by Karen on Wed 5 May 2010 - 4:35

Onaga,

Yes, I found his signatures quite interesting as well.
The first 3 signatures are from The Queen's Foundation for Ecumenical Theological Education, Somerset Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham. The foundation holds the records for Queen's College. He appended these signatures on his final examinations for Licensed Midwifery.

The last signature is from The Royal College of Surgeons, Nicolson Street, Edinburgh, Scotland. Here, Pearson signed the Licentiate List for 3rd November 1876, the day he officially received his diploma to qualify as Licentiate of Royal College of Surgeons (L.R.C.S.) and Licentiate of Royal College Of Physicians (L.R.C.P.)

Karen Trenouth
Author of: "Epiphany of the Whitechapel Murders"
Author of: "Jack the Ripper: The Satanic Team"
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Pearson's Handwriting Samples

Post by Guest on Sat 8 May 2010 - 10:14

Do these documents contain other examples of his handwriting? Aside from his signature?

The third signature is very interesting. It is different from all the others, and he appears to be using a variation of his name. I believe this is common in the west, yes?

Back to top Go down

Alf

Post by Karen on Sat 8 May 2010 - 17:36

Hi Onaga:

No, the documents that I have do not contain any other handwriting from Dr. Alfred William Pearson, unfortunately. There are just a lot of signatures on the list from the other Licentiates.

As to Pearson shortening his name from "Alfred" to "Alf," your guess is as good as mine. It could have been a nickname that he acquired from other students when he was in school. Or perhaps he was nearly late for the exam and didn't have enough time to write "Alfred" Laughing

Karen Trenouth
Author of: "Epiphany of the Whitechapel Murders"
Author of: "Jack the Ripper: The Satanic Team"
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top