Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 21:27 by Karen

Links

Gallery

Demon Worship In Europe

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Demon Worship In Europe

Post by Karen on Sun 11 Jul 2010 - 16:15

MODERN DEVIL-WORSHIP.
Grotesque and Horrible Practices Still Observed in Europe.

Vance Thompson in Everybody's makes the following remarkable revelations:

"The dark forces which science recognizes but does not define exercise marvelous attraction on minds of a certain order. In scores of temples they are worshiped under different names. I know a little temple in Bruges where the followers of Lucifer gather, and not far from the Pantheon in Paris there is an altar to Pandoemon. This may seem grotesque; perhaps it is, but it is formidable.
"It need hardly be said that the rites wherewith Lucifer is worshiped are hid in much mystery. A couple of years ago I visited one of the "chapels," it was in the Rue Rochechouart. The black mass, which I have no desire to describe, was celebrated. It was Friday at 3 o'clock. Over the altar was a winged figure of Lucifer, amid flames; he trampled under foot a crocodile - symbol of the church. A few days ago I found the chapel closed. Only after patient research did I find the new abode of the Satanists. Their chapel now is in a great new apartment house at No. 22 Rue de Ruisseau, within the shadow of the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart on Montmartre. As of old, Satan is worshiped; every Friday the Luciferians gather. I could name many of them - men not unknown in the learned professions. Some of them have influence enough to secure, now and then, a right of midnight entry to the catacombs; there amid skulls and bones, with orgies I do not care to describe, they have worshiped the spirit of evil - calling upon Baphomet, upon Lucifer and Beelzebub and Ashtoroth and Moloch, with cries and wailing hysteria. This attempt to re-establish the worship of the fallen archangel is, I think, the most remarkable manifestation of modern occultism.

Source: The San Juan Islander, (Friday Harbor, Washington), June 23, 1906, Page 7

Karen Trenouth
Author of: "Epiphany of the Whitechapel Murders"
Author of: "Jack the Ripper: The Satanic Team"
Karen
Admin

View user profile http://victorianripper.niceboard.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top