» Rome is Babylon
Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 21:27 by Karen

Links

Gallery

1500 Ripper Letters

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1500 Ripper Letters

Post by Karen on Mon 17 May 2010 - 14:14

It is fairly certain that the perpetrator of the six murders committed in Whitechapel is still unknown, but were committed by one and the same man who was probably a butcher by profession. A young man in Whitechapel Road found two knives, which were covered with blood and considered to be derived from the murderer. The arm, recently found in Pimlico, has proved really to belong to the trunk, which was discovered at Westminster. The last victim of Whitechapel had the initials TC tattooed on her left arm. By this she was recognized by a certain John Kelly, a laborer who was living with her. Mary Ann Conway and John Kelly had eaten Saturday evening, afterward she had deserted him and the police arrested her for drunkenness. When she had sobered up, they let her go, and less than one hour later she was murdered. - The chief of the London police received 1500 letters in which advice is given, traces are identified and accusations made. The murderer of Whitechapel is still unknown. However, the famous Jack the Ripper, the police always harassing letters, make something of themselves heard. Sir Charles Warren received from him a letter with the following contents: If you want to stop me, I'm now in City Road, but the number of my house you must find out for yourself. This evening I am planning another murder in Whitechapel. From different sides insisted that the letters of Jack be widely disseminated so that the handwriting might be recognized. Sir Charles Warren announced that he decided to test whether the killer could be detected with the help of dogs. As soon as possible, there will also be a test taken.

Source: Leidsch Dagblad, 09/10/1888, Page 6

Karen Trenouth
Author of: "Epiphany of the Whitechapel Murders"
Author of: "Jack the Ripper: The Satanic Team"
Karen
Admin

View user profile http://victorianripper.niceboard.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top