» Rome is Babylon
Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 21:27 by Karen

Links

Gallery

Arnold Takes It Seriously

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arnold Takes It Seriously

Post by Karen on Sun 11 Apr 2010 - 2:06

This article, from 1890, proves that Jack the Ripper could not have been put away in an insane asylum shortly after the Kelly murder in Nov. 1888, if Superintendent Arnold is taking a Ripper letter written and received in 1890 seriously!

Jack the Ripper.

A young man was arrested in London under suspicion of being the writer of a very recent letter from Jack the Ripper. Soon he had to be set at liberty, because he could prove his innocence. Arnold, head of detectives, believes that the threat will be implemented speedily. The new letter from Jack the Ripper has far-reaching measures. The most experienced detectives believe therefore that the letter was indeed from the murderer himself. Secret police agents in Whitechapel and Spitalfields have come across several people who looked suspicious, and they have been captured. Whenever they could, however, like the above young man, they proved their innocence. In order to catch the criminal, the chief of police recruited a number of women from the same class from which the criminal always chose his victims, who must, under the protection of the police, cross the streets of Whitechapel all night, in all directions. The principal investigators think the killer must be a man who looks very plain, without any special properties, which attract attention, and is so careful and resourceful, that no one ever suspects him. He is also probably one who does not look repulsive or for whom another would be afraid. The head of the Whitechapel Vigilance committee in London received a letter with the following contents:
Dear Albert! Expect a new murder, accompanied by mutilation, which will not take place in Whitechapel, but in the district of Hackney. I'm not going to withhold my mutilations for I like my profession too much. Ha! Ha! I will commit ten more murders than I've already committed. So beware!

Jack the Ripper.

It has been found that the writing was the same as that of letters received one year ago with the same name written and drawings.

Source: Leidsch Dagblad, 13/10/1890, Page 13

Karen Trenouth
Author of: "Epiphany of the Whitechapel Murders"
Author of: "Jack the Ripper: The Satanic Team"
Karen
Admin

View user profile http://victorianripper.niceboard.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top