» Rome is Babylon
Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 21:27 by Karen

Links

Gallery

PC George Morris (THE CORRECT ONE)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PC George Morris (THE CORRECT ONE)

Post by Karen on Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 22:26

I don't think that the research on Casebook: Jack the Ripper has been conducted properly, as I have just been made aware that Police-constable George James Morris was this gentleman:

1881 census transcription details for:  28, Peppercroft St, Milton-Next-Gravesend

National Archive Reference:
RG number:     RG11
Piece:     872
Folio:     35
Page:     20    
Reg. District:     Gravesend
Sub District:     Gravesend
Parish:     Milton-Next-Gravesend
Enum. District:    
Ecclesiastical District:    
City/Municipal Borough:    
Address:     28, Peppercroft St, Milton-Next-Gravesend
County:     Kent
Name     Relation     Condition     Sex     Age     Birth Year     Occupation , Disability     Where Born

MORRIS, George J     Head     Married      M     27     1854     Police Constable
    Gravesend, Kent

MORRIS, Emily M     Wife     Married      F     26     1855    
    Brighton, Sussex

MORRIS, John     Son     Single      M     1     1880    
    Gravesend, Kent

MORRIS, Lucy E     Daughter     Single      F     0     1881    
    Gravesend, Kent

Last edited by Karen on Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 1:23; edited 1 time in total

Karen Trenouth
Author of: "Epiphany of the Whitechapel Murders"
Author of: "Jack the Ripper: The Satanic Team"
Karen
Admin

View user profile http://victorianripper.niceboard.org

Back to top Go down

Re: PC George Morris (THE CORRECT ONE)

Post by Karen on Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 23:06

Here is the information on George James Morris from the Casebook website, and I want you to notice his testimony as to the shirt studs that the doctor picked up off of the ground and placed in the shell. I believe that these studs were Masonic shirt studs, and the reason that the doctor hid them was either that he was a Freemason who was shielding other masons or he was ordered to hide the evidence. Here are a couple of pictures of Victorian Masonic shirt studs:

George Morris
Witness at Catherine Eddowes' inquest.
Born George James Morris on 8th February 1834, Teddington, son of John and Elizabeth Morris.
Joined Metropolitan Police on 22nd December 1856 and was PC 211 T-division (Hammersmith). He retired on 13th January 1882 owing to illness (stomach disease).[1]
Morris was nightwatchman at the Kearley and Tonge warehouse in Mitre Square, going on duty at 7.00am on 29th September 1888. He occupied most of his shift by cleaning offices and looking around the warehouse. He had heard nothing out of the ordinary that night and claimed that 'if there had been any cry of distress, I would have heard it'. At 1.45am, 30th September, Morris was sweeping some steps inside as PC Edward Watkins knocked at the warehouse door, which was ajar (and had been for several minutes). Watkins said to Morris "For God's sake mate, come to my assistance". Morris got his lamp and went outside, asking "what's the matter?" to which PC Watkins replied "there's another woman been cut to pieces".
Morris went to the corner of the square where Catherine Eddowes' lay and shone his lamp on the body. He immediately blew his own whistle and ran along Mitre Street into Aldgate, seeing nobody suspicious as he did so. In Aldgate he was approached by two constables, PC James Harvey and PC Holland who asked him what was the matter. He told them of the murder and they accompanied him to Mitre Square before he went back to the warehouse.
Morris claimed to have been in the warehouse constantly between 11pm and 1am the following morning.[2]

The day after the murder, Morris was interviewed by the press, adding some small titbits of information omitted from his original statement:
"Do you always take a look out into the square?"
"Every night in the week, barring Saturday night, I stand at this door and smoke my pipe from one till two o'clock. It is a habit with me, and the police on the beat know it well, but on Saturday nights I have some work to do inside that interferes with it."
"Did you see anything lying about that indicated what sort of man the murderer might be?"

"I saw the doctor pick up two studs out of the pool of blood and put them in the shell."

"But are there any signs of a struggle having taken place?"

"No, but the studs might have been worked out by the man's own exertions in using the knife."[3]

Another press report highlighted the irony of a claim Morris had made to a police officer earlier that evening:
The strangest part of the whole thing was that he did not hear the slightest sound. As a rule he could hear the footsteps of the policeman as he passed on his beat every quarter of an hour, so the it appeared impossible that the woman could have uttered any sound without his detecting it. It was only on that night that he remarked to some policeman that he wished the "butcher" would come round Mitre square, and he would give him a doing; yet the "butcher" had come, and he was perfectly ignorant of it.[4]

Rob Hills' article in Ripperologist 75 (cited here) suggests that George Morris may have been Jack the Ripper.

Karen Trenouth
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Hyde on Thu 31 Oct 2013 - 15:59

There was an attempt at passing the studs off as coming from Eddowes' boots,which were actually men's lace ups. Um....Fail! Oh them Ripperologists....ROFL!

May have been from a formal shirt,such as worn at a meeting in Great Alie Street prior to the Berner Street murder and Jack's return to Mitre Street.

Eddowes AKA Nothing,being unaware of her co blackmailer's murder,headed straight for Jack's front door seeking her share of the loot after being released for D&D.

Went out the back door unconscious and through the gate to Mitre Square proper after PC Watkins passed.
Reversed beat meant zilch in the Square,I mean he didn't walk backwards did he! He went by at 14 minute intervals. That was all that mattered.

Surmise that Dr. Sequeira pocketed the studs.

Mr Hyde

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen on Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 21:28

Yes, the doctor who picked up these shirt studs could have been Dr. Sequeira, but Dr. Frederick Gordon Brown was also a prominent Freemason. As you may remember, it was Dr. Brown who noticed the "string" attached to the apron and stated that his attention was drawn to it.

Here is Dr. Brown's obituary:

http://victorianripper.niceboard.org/t439-obituary-of-dr-brown

Karen Trenouth
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content