Post by Wally on Sat 26 Oct 2013 - 10:34

Oh OK.

Wally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: D'Onston and the symbols left

Post by Mr Hyde on Sat 26 Oct 2013 - 13:14

My apology Wally.

I've known who Jack the Ripper was for over six years.

My first meeting with a screenwriter was in August 2007.

Still attempting to attract the right person.I'd like to win an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay as a co writer.At least.

One friend is currently doing an advanced course at Melbourne's Dockland Film Precinct.Australia.

He has a project of his that has taken over eight years of his life.

Then we hope to have another look at "Jack".

Honestly,when "Jack" is revealed in the Picture, Ripperologists are going to kick themselves.

The "Great Grand Daddy" of the modern serial killer was not,technically, a serial killer.

Three of the "victims" had known him for over twenty years.There was nothing random about the murders.

"Jack" was the one being stalked!

Had Eddowes not gone hop picking,Nichols may not have approached him seeking money.
Those three had know each other since 1867.

After Chapman's demise,Eddowes returned to discover there was no reward and recruited Stride.

Mr Hyde

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally on Sat 26 Oct 2013 - 15:32

How very interesting, Mr Hyde, can't wait for the film. 
You have obviously gone to great lengths in your research, I on the other hand am a complete novice but, an interested novice nonetheless. 
The very best of luck in finding your screenwriter, I sincerely hope it goes well for you.

Wally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Hyde on Sat 26 Oct 2013 - 21:45

Thank you Wally.

This is indeed a niceboard.

Far cry from the constant squabble that is  another site.

Think a current topic is Stride's bruising. It was genetic....the bruising.....and prolly the squabbling as well.

One of two reasons "Jack" did not cut her further.

Incidentally, "Jack" was partially deaf.His left ear seems to be slightly "cauliflowered".

As he was not a wrestler or boxer to my knowledge, the implication is that he was severely bullied as a child.

Mr Hyde

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally on Sun 27 Oct 2013 - 3:45

I was under the impression JtR was disturbed in the Stride murder. I certainly believe it was a ripper murder that went wrong, for whatever reason. Just another mystery within the mystery of JtR, I guess. Ha !
All these snippets you keep giving me on your suspect are getting my brain working overtime, Mr Hyde. Alas, I'm not clever enough to realise who you are referring to. Ha Ha !

Wally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 27 Oct 2013 - 12:35

Mr Hyde wrote:...You will have to wait for The Movie.

"Rosebud"....ROFL!
You like that one, eh, Mr. Hyde? You caught the movie reference.

So, how would your candidate fit with the Eddowes markings? Initials, symbols, geometry, gematria ... ?

With all this talk about your suspect's ears, I'm thinking Vincent V...!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Hyde on Sun 27 Oct 2013 - 15:41

Hi to both of you.

I have absolutely no doubt that the Canonical Five are all "victims" of Jack the Ripper.

The "Scotland Yard" body is a possibility,that I am not pursuing.Still a possibility though.

My "Jack" has never been listed as a suspect in modern times,to the best of my knowledge.

He is like a little "swot" who farts in the classroom. Those around him get the blame.

I'd be mildly surprised if he was not a Free Mason. My intention is to portray that aspect in a similar way to the way they act these days. My old school has it's own Lodge.A librarian out this way is a good friend.Actually have had many Masonic friends , and the odd enemy.

W.E.Gladstone sent an interesting letter to a newspaper.His opinion or information was that "Jack" was conducting medical experiments to help the majority.
I have no doubt who fed him that story.Not talking of Free Masons here.

Got a 'phone call from Gene last night.His project is being read by actors to possible clients in a couple of days. TV production companies,mainly. More than a month ahead of schedule. Looking good!

Mr Hyde

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally on Sun 27 Oct 2013 - 17:36

Hi Mr Hyde, It's rather interesting that you want to portray this mystery in a modern way. It sounds fascinating. 
The freemasonry aspect kinda baffles me a little. Although more than feasible, wouldn't it come to light via a lesser ranked mason?

Wally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Hyde on Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 2:40

"Jack" was quite likely a Free Mason of some note....to a degree.

Yorkshire was an important area in the growth of Free Masonry.

The "Skull and Crossbones" was derived from the Knights Templar naval flag.

Britain had just come out of a series of conflicts,something Free Masonry thrived on.

Some professions have more than their quota. As in chocka block full of them!

Fairly sure that he will be on the books of two Lodges.Not fussed for the moment.Have some research and fact checking to be done further down the track.Difficulty in recruiting from Australia for the time being.

The movie will still be set in the 1880s,however I feel that the Caine and Depp movies overdid that aspect.

A significant part of the movie will be portraying the plight of the CV5 and the manner in which two of them turned on their benefactor.

Thanks for your interest.

Last edited by Mr Hyde on Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 2:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling.)

Mr Hyde

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally on Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 16:48

Hi Mr Hyde, I haven't seen the Depp movie but, I thought the Caine film was quite enjoyable, as a film and nothing more, but then I'm a big Caine fan.
The freemasonry thing intrigues me. As a D'Onston suspect enthusiast-ish, the two fields of inquiry aren't so far removed?

Wally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Hyde on Mon 28 Oct 2013 - 16:56

I'm a Michael Caine fan. The TV movie annoyed me. Mitre Square as Nichols murder scene? ARGH!

D'Onston was not "Jack the Ripper". Dr. Davies was just messing with his head.

Mr Hyde

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally on Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 10:47

I'm a little dubious about D'Onston too, but he is an interesting suspect for varying reasons and not just the Ripper mystery. Possibly a compulsive liar although he led a strange existence.

Wally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Hyde on Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 15:53

I have long had an interest in comparative religion,which is what Theosophy is.Over 45 years.

Enjoyed their Society's Library in Russell Street,Melbourne immensely. 

My family's "maternal coat of arms" is the same as Crowley's.Irish. Read a bit on him. Interesting guy.One book by a protege of his who was possibly London born,of Indian heritage and well credentialed was interesting reading.

Neurasthenia is what we today call Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I came down with it 31 years ago, to the week actually.

Seriously messes with your brain.Does not go well with drugs.

One of the problems with the disease is a lack of real sleep.I used Temazepam last night,in the hope of being well enough to go shopping today.

Chloral hydrate is a nasty addictive drug which produces a hideous hangover.

Used it once,out of curiosity 28 years ago.Never again!

It contributed to Bela Lugosi's demise.

Sir Danvers Carew,MP of "Jekyll and Hyde" was based on a real person who died of an overdose of it in 1885.
He was one of "Dr. Jekyll's" patients.

It was one of the first three "petro chemicals" and seen as  bit of a cure all at one stage.

One of two reasons Mr. Hyde was given his moniker.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Hyde,_3rd_Earl_of_Clarendon   was another.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyles's idea that "Jack" may have dressed like a woman has a lot of credence with me.

It was part of the reason that he was blackmailed by the CV5.

Mr Hyde

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 13:20

Do you mean 'dressed like a woman' secretly or to get away from the crime scenes? Any kind of marks or touch-ups around a victims eyes has to be considered feminine. And a open V even upside down, the same thing.

D'Onston reportedly carved a triangle on a door, a closed V, but it's in the same vein. That's why I like D'Onston as a focal point for discussion.

Human, suspect-based discussion I find more interesting than dry analysis of documents and files. Suspect based films like the Caine film was enjoyable too.

Some might doubt the motive given at the end but, as I remember, it was the murderer explaining his motive which doesn't mean that that is the actual motive. It's only the one given by the murderer. It's not a motive more than justification.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Hyde on Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 15:03

His character was described as "almost womanlike", by a highly respected person.

I have found "Jack" to be a very interesting person.To my mind, a  workaholic. Possibly used drugs at one stage to slow down and get some rest.

His motive for the murders was quite simple.To avoid two years in prison due to part of his sexual orientation. It's called blackmail and Mary Kelly was the instigator....possibly why she "left" the West End in 1885.

The problem for the authorities was that they had allowed him that freedom for far too long.

R.L.Stevenson's novella was the catalyst. Or rather it's return as a hit West End play.

Heads were going to roll.

Micklemass was a particularly busy time for him. Start of Term and basically a General Annual Meeting.

Unlikely that he had time to spend with his family that night.

Hence the chalk and being on the other side of Whitechapel Street.

I'd guess that he went from a meeting at Great Alie Street,to Berner Street to meet Stride and Eddowes, and then to spend the night near Mitre Square before returning to work.

Mr Hyde

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally on Sun 3 Nov 2013 - 3:38

I often wonder if he had a bolt hole somewhere. The thing that makes me think he didn't and was just a skillful escape artist is the policeman's statement of the encounter with the chap walking briskly through the passageway from Mitre Square at the time of the Eddowes murder. I think they were doing a nightly vigil or something.

Wally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top