Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 21:27 by Karen

Links

Gallery

D'Onston and the symbols left

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

D'Onston and the symbols left

Post by Wally on Wed 2 Oct 2013 - 6:08

I have a theory on the symbols, marks and presents left at murder sites and on the body parts of victims. These theories I have lead me down the path of Phoenician/Hebrew and Greek symbols and numerical orders. Has anyone else followed this path?
I'm intrigued and interested in any views on this theory anyone may have.

Regards.

Wally.Question Shocked

Wally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: D'Onston and the symbols left

Post by Karen on Wed 2 Oct 2013 - 6:21

To which symbols do you refer?

If you mean the Goulston Street graffiti, I have explained that it meant the three Ju's - JUbelo, JUbela, and JUbelum. These refer to the three factions responsible for the arrest and torture of the Knights Templars, and especially, the murder of their Master (Hiram Abiff). The three JU's are:

1. the King Of France, Philip the Fair
2. the Pope of France, Clement V
3. the Knights Hospitallers.

The Templars have been intent on revenge ever since, and still are!

Karen Trenouth
Author of: "Epiphany of the Whitechapel Murders"
Author of: "Jack the Ripper: The Satanic Team"
Karen
Admin

View user profile http://victorianripper.niceboard.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally on Wed 2 Oct 2013 - 7:00

That's an interesting post, Karen. Thank you for that.

My line of inquiry, I guess, is in the form of the wounds and/or marks left on Eddowes face and other marks in the form of a ^ which if you look closely are actually in the shape of > and I think there are four of them. The name for this is Phoenician for 'Gemul', Hebrew 'Gimel', Greek 'Gamma'. Third letter and numerical order of three. Folks seemed to think it was /\ with a bottom line which would be 'Dalet, 'Delta', fourth letter and numerical order of four and possibly the last word od Tau-Triadelta. I have a theory that this leads to the twelfth line of a poem which names D'Onston.
Just a theory, mind.
Wally.

Wally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen on Wed 2 Oct 2013 - 17:47

In my second book, entitled, "Jack the Ripper: The Satanic Team," I highlight the facial wounds of Eddowes and feature the carving out of an "Eye of Ra" on Eddowes' right eye. It looks like this:

Karen Trenouth
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen on Wed 2 Oct 2013 - 18:12

I'm sorry but this is the best that I could do:

The yellow square shows the straight line (north to south) underneath the eye.
The orange square shows the line which comes out of the outer bottom portion of the eye ending in a swirling formation.
The pink curved lines show the upper and lower lines (one on the bottom part of the lid and one on the upper part of the eyebrow).

Karen Trenouth
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen on Wed 2 Oct 2013 - 18:19

Here is the original and then my highlighted version of the "Eye of Ra"

Karen Trenouth
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally on Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 4:39

Hi Karen, 
            I can certainly see what your getting at. I have a slightly different theory on the eye wounds relating to something else but, on the similar lines. There is a clear zoomed picture of which I'll try and find. It shows a slightly different angle on the wounds which is quite interesting.

Wally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 12:11

I have always thought the Eddowes wounds are a major clue incorporating an initial and perhaps some esoteric symbol or symbolism.

Do you hold Jack to making a faithful reproduction of the symbol or a variation of the original?

Last edited by Buono on Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 14:33; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally on Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 13:20

Hi Buono,
             I personally don't think the 'marks' on Eddowes face are of an initial, more a clue, or riddle, if you like. The marks are certainly (in my view) not Delta /\ but, that of gimel >. They were there for a reason and not just slap dash knife wielding. 
Just my own point of view.

Wally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 14:42

It may not be an overt initial. A swastika has elements of the initial H which might not have been lost on Hitler.

The symbol was also inverted to make it original. A symbol could also be rotated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally on Sat 5 Oct 2013 - 10:53

I see what you mean, Buono but, I do feel those marks on Eddowes face had some significant meaning. Exactly what meaning, I don't altogether know. I guess sometimes we try to make reasons that aren't there other than what we perceive to be there. If that makes any sense. Ha !

Wally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 5 Oct 2013 - 12:32

I also feel the mark has significant symbolic meaning but choose to think it might be secondary to the possible significance as an initial, of a name of a person or otherwise.

Not being one to think you are an automatic Donstonian just because you discuss D'Onston, does a gimmel versus a delta point away from D'Onston or suggest someone else.

I personally like the Eye of Ra/Horus because it represents a sky god. He was also dismembered. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horus

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally on Sat 5 Oct 2013 - 16:02

The Gimmel could be a pointer 'to' D'Onston or some other suspect for that matter. It's just an observation from pictures that brought me to the idea of the Gimmel rather than Delta as the shape and direction would suggest.

Wally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 6 Oct 2013 - 12:48

In the interest of keeping to the tenor of this site and therefore helping you explore your position, here is an interesting quote on the gimel or gimmel from Wiki. Bold mine.
Wikipedia wrote:It is written like a vav with a yud as a "foot", and it resembles a person in motion; symbolically, a rich man running after a poor man to give him charity, as in the Hebrew alphabet gimel directly precedes dalet, which signifies a poor or lowly man, from the Hebrew word dal.
The word gimel is related to gemul, which means 'justified repayment', or the giving of reward and punishment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally on Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 6:54

If you go a little further back in Phoenician symbolism, it shows the Gimel/gemul as a bottomless triangle pointing to the east > although slightly more angled on the lower line.

Wally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 14:38

Wally,
Take a look at this schematic (edit: see below). It might tell you if there is any significance to the direction of the gimel 'arrow'.

As for pointing to D'Onston or someone else, might the symbol itself, by dint of being simply geometric, point to someone geographically from or similar to D'Onston's parts, certain perhaps elevated regions distant from London. Suspect

Last edited by Buono on Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 22:53; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally on Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 17:50

Hi Buono,
Schematics seem to be modern day symbols defined through electronics. The gimmel/gemul symbol is completely different. I wish I could draw you a diagram but, I'm crap with computers. Ha!.

Maybe the culprit was a distant and came to Whitechapel for his/her sinister ways. Who knows. 
D'Onston was from Hull, East Yorkshire. Around 250 miles from London.
I'm certainly not saying that he is the murderer, but, he fits a few interesting scenarios.

Wally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 7 Oct 2013 - 22:39

Sorry, here is the link to the schematic I was talking about with compass directions.
http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=6120&page=3

I believe Jack had to have good navigation skills, maybe even in the dark. Spatial awareness, 360 and every angle in between. With a penchant for geometric symbols because he'd be good at geometry. Seems to go hand in hand with esoteric knowledge and desire for such. Shipping center, perhaps? Pre-aviation days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally on Tue 8 Oct 2013 - 10:03

Interesting maps, Buono. I too believe there was an element geometric knowledge, most certainly of local knowledge, whether it had been studied prior to the murders as an outsider who settled there, or of a birthplace. D'Onston was in the customs at Hull for a while and allegedly well traveled. 
Gematria is an important factor in esoteric readings and practices of which it's believed again D'Onton was involved in. But, that could point to a whole host of suspects.

Wally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 25 Oct 2013 - 13:13

Wally wrote:If you go a little further back in Phoenician symbolism, it shows the Gimel/gemul as a bottomless triangle pointing to the east > although slightly more angled on the lower line.
By the lay of the body in the square, the point of the V or > looks like it's pointing in a fairly easterly direction. South east if you take Eddowe's feet as the base location, east if the angle and therefore the missing base of the triangle are angled toward the nose from the right.

The doorway labeled as Passageway to House or Houses seems to be in direct line of the 'arrows'. Some have said the murder locations form a giant arrow.

What do you think of the symbols or marks being instead an indication of someone who used to be like D'Onston but no longer is? Couldn't the signature indicate something about who someone used to be rather than still is? A Rosebud kind of thing...

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Hyde on Sat 26 Oct 2013 - 3:19

D'Onston most likely knew Jack the Ripper's father and uncle.Especially as he was employed by Customs.

Both were Master Mariners.

Symbols left....

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxillary_sinus

rather than....

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gimmel

Mr Hyde

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Hyde on Sat 26 Oct 2013 - 3:35

Juwes was a Netherlands word for Jews.

www.simplonpc.co.uk/NorthSeaFerries.html

www.directferries.co.uk/hull_ferry.htm

Mr Hyde

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally on Sat 26 Oct 2013 - 3:37

What do you think of the symbols or marks being instead an indication of someone who used to be like D'Onston but no longer is? Couldn't the signature indicate something about who someone used to be rather than still is? A Rosebud kind of thing...

Very interesting theory, Buono. In other words, the development into the rose?

Wally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally on Sat 26 Oct 2013 - 3:42

Good morning Mr Hyde,
                               Who would Jack the Rippers father and uncle be? My apologies but, I'm a little confused. Ha !

Wally

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Hyde on Sat 26 Oct 2013 - 3:54

Not at liberty to say.

You will have to wait for The Movie.

"Rosebud"....ROFL!

Mr Hyde

View user profile

Back to top Go down