» Rome is Babylon
Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 21:27 by Karen

Links

Gallery

Bemused somewhat

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bemused somewhat

Post by Guest on Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 6:36

After much on line searching I find myself befuddled, bemused. baffled, ok, you get the picture.

I found myself in the battle of the Author's, old I agree but I was not aware of the history of this battle. It appear's to me that many Author's have this my way or the highway stance over thier books, thier research, suspect's, conclusions etc. To the point where thier respective exchanges became vey heated to say the least.

Ideally, it should be a collaborative world. Where evidence can be shared and discussed. No name calling, no agressive post's, e mails etc. But then I am not an Author (yet) so what the hell do I know!

Regards

Steve.

Back to top Go down

Re: Bemused somewhat

Post by Guest on Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 15:48

The link to stools, ie bowel movements, maybe coincidence but I suspect not!! Think my time here is done. Whilst I am not the sort of person to quit I also don't suffer fools gladly. I note with interest that the only person posting is, with the exception of myself and one other, the administrator. I take back my comment about your work being good enough for publishing. What you didn't reveal is that you are self published. Say's a lot about you Karen.

Which is a damn shame because there is alot of very interesting material here. You go to extreme measures to share your information here but at the same time subtly ridicule post you don't like. Why? You are not the queen of ripperology Karen. I suggest you put the lid on your ego and recognise the fact that we all have a different view on the Ripper.

Respectfully

Steve.

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen on Mon 11 Jul 2011 - 17:47

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are saying. Link to bowel movements? I cannot find this on my forum? Please explain. Also, I didn't ridicule anyone's posts. I just post up newspaper articles? I must say that I am very confused.

If you wish to leave the forum, then you are more than welcome to. Enjoy life!

Karen Trenouth
Author of: "Epiphany of the Whitechapel Murders"
Author of: "Jack the Ripper: The Satanic Team"
Karen
Admin

View user profile http://victorianripper.niceboard.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 18:42

Hello, I have a similar question about authors, especially those who write books on unsolved mysteries.

A new host on coast to coast A.M. answered those who say, Oh another author as a guest, by challenging the listeners to try writing a book themselves. I don't see the point in that.

He's just admitting that very few people have the talent to write a book. I'm wondering what you and out moderator and author has to say about this or other fields in the mystery genre being dominated by this one percent or less. What do you think of the authors in general?

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen on Tue 22 Nov 2011 - 0:43

I have great respect for authors, overall, for the following reasons:

- they have worked hard researching their subject
-they have probably gone to great expense to prove all of their points
- they had the courage to actually embark on a most difficult and trying journey
- they have accomplished something by actually completing their work
- they can empathize and sympathize with other authors easily
- they (all authors) have something important to say and deserve to be heard

I agree with the Coast to Coast host - If individuals ridicule other authors without having written a book themselves, they are clearly not brave enough to embark on the painful and difficult journey of writing in a competitive market. In the end, it is not the talent, or lack of talent, of the author, that is paramount, but the courage that they exhibited by laying their hearts bare to the world. Every author deserves their "interview."

Karen Trenouth
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 22 Nov 2011 - 14:34

I'll give them their interview.

Do they all deserve to be treated as the last word on the subject?

I consider this the best forum on the subject. Only one author here.

allthebesttotherest

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen on Tue 22 Nov 2011 - 19:58

As to who is considered the last word on the subject, that is just a matter of personal choice. I leave it to the readers of these books to decide whether the authors' words are to be considered the last word on the subject. Personally, I am content either way.

Karen Trenouth
Karen
Admin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum