» Rome is Babylon
Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 21:27 by Karen

Links

Gallery

A Lovely Necklace

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Lovely Necklace

Post by Karen on Sun 28 Feb 2010 - 22:29

The following article states that the bowels of Annie Chapman were tied around her neck. This gives some credence to the letter purported to have been written by Jack the Ripper and dated on September 17, 1888. In the letter, the author states, "See what a lovely necklace I gave her." Now, this could mean either one of two things; that a.) "Jack the Ripper" truly wrote this letter, or b.) someone who read about the details of the murder, who knew that her bowels were tied around her neck wrote a hoax letter to the police. This letter has been deemed a fake by most, but has at least a 50% chance of having been written by the actual murderer, in my opinion.

A HORRIBLE MURDER.

LONDON, Sept. 8. - The horribly mutilated body of a lewd woman was found early this morning in a yard attached to a common lodging house in Spitalfields. The throat was cut from ear to ear, and the body ripped open. The bowels and heart were lying on the ground, and a portion of the entrails were tied around the neck. This is the fourth murder of a similar character committed recently in this neighborhood. All the victims were women of the lowest character. The murderer remains undiscovered, and excitement in the immediate vicinity borders upon a panic.

Source: The Quincy Daily Whig, September 9, 1888, Page 1

According to Masonic ritual as per the degree known as Mark Master Mason (the fourth degree), the candidate replies to the Worshipful Master:

Question—Where was you prepared to be made a Mark Master Mason? A. In the room adjoining the body of a just and lawfully constituted Lodge of such, duly assembled in a room or place, representing a workshop that was erected near the ruins of King Solomon's Temple.

Q. How was you prepared? A. By being divested of all my outward apparel and all money; my breast bare, with a cable-tow four times about my body, in which situation I was conducted to the door of a Lodge, where I gave four distinct knocks.

I would like to remind my readers that the police divisional surgeon who arrived at the scene of the murder of Ripper victim, Annie Chapman, stated that her bowels were wrapped around her neck four (4) times (cable-tow wrapped around the body four times), her three golden rings were removed from her finger (divested of her belongings) and some coins were arranged at her feet. They were not scattered or fallen; but specifically arranged.
Karen
Admin

View user profile http://victorianripper.niceboard.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top