Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 21:27 by Karen

Links

Gallery

Anderson Called to Task

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anderson Called to Task

Post by Karen on Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 4:29

THE JEWS AND JACK THE RIPPER.

Sir Robert Anderson, who said in "Blackwood's Magazine" that Jack the Ripper was a Jew, and was shielded by Jews, and who was called to task by "Mentor" in the "Jewish Chronicle" last week, writes to that paper this week: "I recognise that in this matter I said either too much or too little. But the fact is that as my words were merely a repetition of what I published several years ago without exciting comment, they flowed from my pen without any consideration."
"Mentor's" comment on this is that Sir Robert does not meet his objection to the assertion that "Jews who knew that Jack the Ripper had done his foul deeds shielded him from the police and guarded him so that he could continue his horrible career just because he was a Jew."

Source: The Daily Express, London, Saturday March 12, 1910, Page 5

Karen Trenouth
Author of: "Epiphany of the Whitechapel Murders"
Author of: "Jack the Ripper: The Satanic Team"
Karen
Admin

View user profile http://victorianripper.niceboard.org

Back to top Go down

Jewish Chronicle Speaks About Anderson

Post by Karen on Mon 28 Mar 2011 - 1:45

WAS "JACK THE RIPPER" A JEW?

HEBREW JOURNAL DENOUNCES SIR ROBERT ANDERSON.

Sir Robert Anderson, who was chief of the Criminal Investigation Department of Scotland-yard about the time of the "Jack the Ripper" murders in the East End, has brought the anger of the "Jewish Chronicle" upon his head by suggesting, in an article in "Blackwood," that "Jack the Ripper" was a Jew.
A writer in the "Jewish Chronicle," welcoming Sir Robert's admission that the murderer must have been insane, says: -
"But I fail to see - at least from his article in "Blackwood's" - upon what evidence worthy of the name he ventures to cast the odium for this infamy upon one of our people.
"Was anything more nonsensical in the way of a theory ever conceived even in the brain of a policeman? Here was a whole neighbourhood, largely composed of Jews, in constant terror lest their womenfolk, whom Jewish men hold in particular regard - even "low-class" Jews do that - should be slain by some murderer who was stalking the district undiscovered. So terrified were many of the people - non-Jews as well as Jews - that they hastily moved away.
"And yet Sir Robert would have us believe that there were Jews who knew the person who was committing the abominable crimes and yet carefully shielded him from the police. A more wicked assertion to put into print, without the shadow of evidence, I have seldom seen."
It may be recalled that another expert in crime declared that "Jack the Ripper" was a man employed on the cattle boats coming from America, and that his dead body was found in the Thames.

Source: The Daily Express, London, Saturday March 5, 1910, Page 8

Karen Trenouth
Author of: "Epiphany of the Whitechapel Murders"
Author of: "Jack the Ripper: The Satanic Team"
Karen
Admin

View user profile http://victorianripper.niceboard.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top