Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 21:27 by Karen

Links

Gallery

Ripper Died in 1920

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ripper Died in 1920

Post by Karen on Fri 25 Mar 2011 - 0:32

IT MIGHT BE TRUE!

He was a doctor who had spent fifty of his eighty years in the slums of East London and knew every rathole of the underworld.
He could evolve wonderful solutions to unsolved mysteries.
When we mentioned Jack the Ripper he at once took command of the conversation.
"The Whitechapel murders?" said the doctor. "There has been more nonsense written about them than any other crimes in the world.
"I know all about Jack the Ripper.
"I would wager my professional reputation that I attended the Ripper in his last illness.
"You know, roughly, the details of his murders.
"He was a woman-killer. He roamed the East End at night, with a knife, and brutally killed five women.
"And there was something about the wounds he made that suggested a skilled operator - a doctor.
"So there were all kinds of theories, the most popular of which was, that a West End surgeon, turned killer was the criminal.
"Well, that was a lot of nonsense. I saw some of the mutilated victims, and I tell you that no surgeon ever did such clumsy work.
"The Ripper was somebody who knew a little of female anatomy; but never a qualified surgeon.
"Again, the Ripper is supposed to have wandered the streets like a ghost. That was impossible. The whole area was alive with police and vigilantes, and in any case, the very sight of a strange face in the terrorised area drew a hostile crowd.
"No. The theories were all wrong, and the police were on the wrong track.
"Jack the Ripper was a woman!
"He was an old nurse of the locality, who was slightly "touched."
"Only a woman, dressed in the voluminous capes of the period, could have got away under the noses of the police with all the bloodstains that must have been picked up after crimes like those.
"Only a woman could have had such nimble fingers with feminine dress. Above all, only a woman could have wandered the streets unsuspected when every man between the East India Docks and Fenchurch-street was under suspicion.
"No. Everybody was looking for a man.
"It never occurred to them to stop and search the little old lady who was hurrying round the back alleys to attend her patients.
"But once the line of investigation was changed, those murders stopped, and the killer went on with her work. And she was never caught. She died a natural death in 1920 - old age.
"That is your true story of Jack the Ripper!"

Source: The Daily Mirror, Thursday October 5, 1939, Page 12

N.B. It probably also never occurred to the interviewer that he might have been interviewing Jack the Ripper!! Think of it, a doctor who is attempting to cast suspicion upon a woman in order to take the suspicion off of himself. Dr. Lawson Tait attempted the same methods.
And the Ripper died in 1920? - so did Dr. Alfred William Pearson!

Karen Trenouth
Author of: "Epiphany of the Whitechapel Murders"
Author of: "Jack the Ripper: The Satanic Team"
Karen
Admin

View user profile http://victorianripper.niceboard.org

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top