Face of Winifred May Davies
Latest topics
» Why Jesus Is Not God
Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 0:09 by Karen

» The Fourth Reich
Fri 14 Apr 2017 - 14:14 by Karen

» Allah, The Real Serpent of the Garden
Tue 7 Mar 2017 - 11:45 by Karen

Sat 4 Mar 2017 - 12:06 by Karen

» Hillary Clinton (Hillroy Was Here)
Fri 28 Oct 2016 - 17:38 by Karen

» Alien on the Moon
Thu 20 Oct 2016 - 21:57 by Karen

» Martian Nonsense Repeats Itself
Thu 20 Oct 2016 - 18:43 by Karen

» Enlil and Enki
Fri 7 Oct 2016 - 17:11 by Karen

» Israel Shoots Down Drone - Peter Kucznir's Threat
Wed 24 Aug 2016 - 22:55 by Karen

» Rome is Babylon
Sun 24 Jul 2016 - 21:27 by Karen



Sergeant Edward Badham

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sergeant Edward Badham

Post by Karen on Mon 6 Dec 2010 - 21:40


An inquest was held at the Deptford Congregational Lecture Hall, by Mr. Wood, deputy-coroner, on Monday afternoon, with reference to the death of Norah Sullivan, aged 52 years, who was found dead in the cells at the Deptford Police Station early on Sunday morning.
Mary Connor, lodging house keeper, of 16 Castle-street, Long Acre, said the deceased was her sister. She did not think her sister had had a home since the death of her husband. A month ago she told witness she was going into the Workhouse. Deceased had been in trouble for many years.
P.C. Angell, 358 R, said about 2:30 on Saturday afternoon he saw the deceased drunk in Queen-street, Deptford, surrounded by a crowd. She refused to go away, and he took her to the station on the police ambulance, and after being charged with drunkenness, she was placed in a cell.
Sergeant Badham, 25 R, said at four o'clock the deceased had coffee and bread-and-butter. He visited her at various periods until six o'clock and every time the deceased said "I'm all right. God bless you, sir."
Inspector Macaulay said he visited the deceased frequently from six to ten o'clock on Saturday evening, when she appeared to be comfortable.
P.C. Arnup, 259 R, said at five minutes past twelve he and Sergeant Ward, 27 R, found the deceased unconscious in the cell. Dr. Carpenter came and said the deceased was dead.
Dr. Carpenter said he made a post mortem examination which showed that the deceased's body was well nourished, but there were signs of chronic bronchitis. The liver was cirrhoitic and fat. Death was due to syncope from heart disease, produced by bronchitis and chronic alcoholism.
A verdict in accordance with the medical evidence was returned.

Source: Blackheath Gazette, Friday December 10, 1897, Page 3

Karen Trenouth
Author of: "Epiphany of the Whitechapel Murders"
Author of: "Jack the Ripper: The Satanic Team"

Posts : 4907

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum